October 26, 2007

Waiting for winter


It’s almost 12 in the night and i am eating a hot “sabudana khichadi”..! It is not the time to eat it, i know. But i didn’t have my dinner today because of some important work (and because i dont have it on friday :) !!). And my mom dearest was thoughtful enough to know what i would like to eat after a come back.

But as i was coming back home, from Civil Lines, which is one of the coldest areas in Nagpur, i realized that winter is already knocking the doors. And this made me so happy! Winter is my favorite season!! And at that very moment i had this urge to have a sizzling cup of “adrak ki chai”!! (And one can have tea anytime!!!)

So, as it is i was about to have sabudana khichadi, i also obliged myself with a cup of tea. And as i have this habit of making some extra tea all the time, i’m so happy that by the time i finish writing this, i’ll (again) enjoy the (remaining) tea..! And as i am planning to wake up a bit late tomorrow morning, the joy is already doubled!


My (second) steaming cup of tea is ready, and the ‘khichidi’ is almost finished… and i am waiting for the winter to show it’s real colors.. to have many such moments.. where i could get more reasons to have tea.. anytime i want..

2 comments:

Anupama said...

You stole the words right out of my mouth Radhika...I feel as if you are living my wishes...how I would give anything to be in my hometown right now to enjoy its frigid winter with a cup of...yes, our favourite, 'Adrak Ki Chai'...which is what I have done for most of my life...thanks for such a beautiful and nostalgic post :-)

RADhika said...

hey...you're welcome anytime to our hometime... will be happy to share that chai with u.. :))