February 14, 2008

Celebrations


I read a very cute post by one of my friends on his blog about 'his Valentine's day'..! And so many blogs on how their day has been. And suddenly, it made me realize it’s been so many years since i’ve been into a relationship, yet we’ve not celebrated a single V’day together. And surprisingly, i didn’t feel bad about it. Just surprised. Because when we started going out, we were just in the early stages of graduation (yeah, too early, i know.. :P). Still, even at that time we didn’t ‘celebrate’ it together. One of the reasons could be that our relationship was ‘still not ‘official’ at that time. (Oh what a lousy excuse, i thought!! That is the age when people celebrate it the most!!)

But then later on even after it being official, we never celebrated it together. Though me being the more sensitive amongst the two of us, i’ve always sent him some or the other gift. Still, we’ve not celebrated it together, i thought!!!!! :(

Now it started to bother me… are we not the romantic two? Are we becoming less and less affectionate? No, the answer was (fortunately) negative. And we are still in the early twenties.. (I could’ve said ‘mid’ twenties.. but...you know.. :P)
Then what the hell is the reason? And why the hell am i thinking of it NOW? What was i doing earlier? Oh no, what the hell was HE doing? Has he never thought of this??

I had to ask this to him… how could i bear the burden of these thoughts all by myself?!?!
And how could i break my habit of passing all my worries to him!!!

And i finally asked him.. “How come we’ve never celebrated V’day together??” “We have special plans for all other occasions, then why have we not made any special plans ever on this day?” “Don’t you want to celebrate it with me ever?”
Hmm, i’ve given him enough of input to think about, i thought. And now from now onwards we’ll have celebrations on these days!

But his reply astonished me. And without a second thought, i can say that i don’t think i’ll ever crib about not celebrating this day together..or doing something special or out of the way...

He said, “ I don’t want to celebrate my love with you only on this day. And when we do that, we always have it at the back of our mind that we’re through with the responsibility, which I am not. I don’t require a single day to celebrate this love with you. A single day is too less for that. I want the whole life. And I celebrate it every day…!”



12 comments:

Ashish said...

Happy valentines Day kaaku!!

Anonymous said...

hey goood read :)

Rahul... in City of Dreamz said...

Happy valentine life radhika! :)
i totally agree with him. . You dont need a day to celebrate love. . Poori life hai yar! :)
btw. . Blog updated!

RADhika said...

@ ashish,
Hopeless! But, Thanx a lot... and wish you the same.. :)

@ ashu,
Thanx man.. and thanx for dropping by..

RADhika said...

@ rahul,
Cannot thank you more!! :)
and even i have started to agree with him (finally) :D

Unknown said...

he is true one day in a year is not enough to do any thing which is related to heart....

neeraj said...

i am speechless!!!toooooooo gooooooddddd(both, the blog as well as the reply~~)enjoy...

Anonymous said...

mind if i blogroll ya :)

RADhika said...

@ santhi,
yeah, i know..we've got the whole life yaar.. :))

@ neeraj,
Thanx a lot buddy... :))

RADhika said...

@ ashu,
welcome to my blogroll as well! :)

Mez said...

Awww how cute...u are blessed gal. Cherish him forever.

RADhika said...

@ mez,
yeah i know... :) and i will.. :))